- Building a Maze
- How to build the actual maze to test your mouse.
Circuits and Circuit Design
- OpAmps for Everyone
- Covers standard opamp circuits, single supply design techniques,
feedback and stability theory, sources of noise in opamps,
instrumentation amplifiers, A/D interfacing, active filter design, and
PCB layout techniques.
- Op Amp Circuit
- Lots and lots of opamp circuits.
Filter Design on a Budget
- This application note from TI describes filter design from the
standpoint of cost. Filter design techniques that require the fewest
possible op amps and passive components are described. Six types of
filters are described - low pass, high pass, narrow bandpass, wide
bandpass, notch, and band reject.
- New Driver
ICs Optimize High-Speed Power MOSFET Switching Characteristics
- Although touted as a high impedance, voltage controlled device,
prospective users of Power MOSFETs soon learn that it takes high drive
currents to achieve high speed switching. This paper describes the
construction techniques which lead to the parasitic effects which
normally limit FET performance, and discusses several approaches useful
to improve switching speed.
single-supply op-amp design
- It may seem like a simple task to modify your op-amp design to work
from a single voltage power supply, but the change in performance will
surprise you. By Charles Kitchin, Analog Devices Inc -- EDN, 3/21/2002
Loads with High Current
- One of the most common tasks in designing and building robots is
the interfacing of logic circuitry to high current loads such as
motors, solenoids, or Nitinol wire. This article attempts to outline
some common approaches to interfacing logic to these high-current
- H Bridge
Motor Control Circuits
- This page features H-Bridge circuits used for controlling direct
current motors. Several designs are shown using both CMOS and Bi-Polar
Bridge Motor Controller
- This circuit drives small DC motors up to about 100 watts or 5 amps
or 40 volts.
- Motor Drivers
- When there is a need for controlling the speed of a DC motor in an
efficient manner (using Pulse Width Modulation), driver circuitry can
be rather simple.
Microelectronics Motor Drivers
- The VN(5)77xK and the VNHx(A)SP30 families include full-bridge DC
motor drivers, implement a full set of standard protection features
including thermal shutdown, current limitation, overvoltage and
undervoltage, and also offer PWM capability. The VNHx(A)SP30 family
comes in a MultiPowerSO-30 exposed-slug package, well tailored for
high-power applications such as window lifts, seat-positioning, or
Allegro Motor Drivers
- Motor driver ICs for brush DC, brushless DC, and stepper motors.
- Feedback Systems, An
Introduction for Scientists and Engineers
- Karl Johan Astrom, Richard M. Murray. This book provides an
introduction to the mathematics needed to model, analyze, and design
feedback systems. It is an ideal textbook for undergraduate and
graduate students, and is indispensable for researchers seeking a
self-contained reference on control theory.
Control of a Nonholonomic Car-like Robot
- The subject of this chapter is the control problem for nonholonomic
wheeled mobile robots moving on the plane, and in particular the use of
feedback techniques for achieving a given motion task.
- From Wikipedia. Gives overview of linear control systems.
without a PHD
- PID stands for "proportional, integral, derivative." This
article will tell you how to implement and tune a simple controller
without getting into heavy mathematics and without requiring you to
learn any control theory. The technique used to tune the controller is
a tried and true method that can be applied to almost any control
problem with success.
Microcontrollers and Embedded
board for LPC2148
- LPC2148 16/32 bit ARM7TDMI-S with 512K Bytes Program Flash, 42K
Bytes RAM, USB 2.0, RTC, 10 bit ADC 2.44 uS, 2x UARTs, 2x I2C, SPI, 2x
32bit TIMERS, 6x PWM, 8x CCR, 1x DAC, WDT, 5V tolerant I/O, up to 60MHz
- Fixed Point Filter Code Generator
- We provide an online tool that takes a Matlab coefficient file as
input and will produce an ARM assembly file and header file as
output. We also document the process of designing digital filters in
Matlab using the Filter Design and Analysis tool, exporting the filter
coefficients, and integrating the code into your project.
- Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on
flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. It's intended for
artists, designers, hobbyists, and anyone interested in creating
interactive objects or environments. Arduino boards are based on Atmel
- Covers basics of breadboarding, linear regulators, AVR tutorials,
PCB Layout and Assembly
PCB layout tutorials
- End-to-end tutorial on how to design, lay out, and fabricate your
own printed circuit board using EAGLE and BatchPCB.
- EAGLE Layout Editor
- Free PCB layout software.
- Low-cost PCB fabrication service from Sparkfun Electronics.
- Arm-gcc toolchain for Windows.
- Avr-gcc toolchain for Windows.
- CodeProject C/C++
- TONS of articles from the CodeProject on C/C++ programming covering
every topic from pointers to design methodologies.
- Dr. Dobb's
Embedded Systems Articles
- Articles covering a wide range of topics in embedded systems.
- The C/C++ User's
- Covering everything from printf to CUDA.
- Rick Ord's CSE 30
- Lots of great links to resources on C programming, makefiles, and
Quick Tour of Compiling, Linking, Loading, and Handling Libraries on
- Source code -> magic -> running program. This article
uncovers the magic of the compilation process.
- Linkers and
- Linux Journal article.
Whirlwind Tutorial on Creating Really Teensy ELF Executables for Linux
- Goes into detail on the ELF executable format.
Vendors, Distributors, Merchants